June 23, 2019
Mr. Shotaro Ichikawa, Ms. Yuki Onishi, Mr. Daigo Hayashi and Mr. Aoi Suzuki participated in a preliminary contest of SPAJAM2019 in Sendai and made it to the finals.
June 6, 2019
We had a welcome party for Prof. Anirudha Joshi of Indian Institute of Technology Bombay and Prof. Aaron Quigley of University of St Andrews, staying with us as Visiting Professors.
May, 24, 2019
Prof. Teruo Higashino at Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Osaka University and Dr. Hiromi Takahata at Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine visited us.
May, 16, 2019
Prof. Anirudha Joshi of Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, staying with us as a Visiting Professor gave us a talk.
May, 4-9, 2019ACM CHI 2019 (Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems) was held in Glasgow, UK．
- Ms. Xiyue Wang, Mr. Shotaro Ichikawa and Ms. Yuki Onishi joined as Student Volunteers and involved in the conference.
- Assistant Prof. Kazuyuki Fujita served as theAsian CHI symposium: Emerging HCI Research Collection Chair, and Mr. Shotaro Ichikawa and Ms. Yuki Onishi made an poster presentation.
- The location for ACM CHI 2021 (Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems) will be in Yokohama, Japan was officially announced at Town Hall Meeting. Prof. Yoshifumi Kitamura will serve as the General Chair.
April, 8, 2019
We enjoyed cherry-blossom viewing at Katahira campus.
March, 29, 2019
Mr. Shotaro Ichikawa received VRSJ Young Researchers Award. His oral presentation at The 23rd Annual Conference of the Virtual Reality Society of Japan was evaluated.
March 24-27, 2019
Mr. Daigo Hayashi made an oral presentation, Associate Prof. Kazuhi Takashima, Mr. Ryo Sugawara, Ms. Zheng Hao made an poster presentation and Mr. Shotaro Ichikawa, Ms. Yuki Onishi, Mr. Daigo Hayashi, Mr. Isamu Endo and Mr. Aoi Suzuki demonstrated their work at IEEE VR 2019.
Associate Prof. Kazuki Takashima served as the 3DUI Contest Chair.
Prof. Yoshifumi Kitamura served as the Social Event Chair.
March, 6-8, 2019
Mr. Yoshiki Kudo, Mr. Ryotaro Temma and Ms. Mengting Huang made an oral presentation and demonstrate our work at INTERACTION 2019(a IPSJ symposium), and Ms. Mengting Huang received Interactive Demo Award.
- 工藤義礎，アンソニータン，藤田和之，遠藤勇，高嶋和毅，ソールグリーンバーグ，北村喜文: 近接学に基づくHMD利用者・非利用者の間の段階的なアウェアネスの向上
- 天間遼太郎，高嶋和毅，末田航，藤田和之，北村喜文: 空間運動する2つのカメラ視点を用いたドローン操縦インタフェースの拡張
- Mengting Huang，藤田和之，高嶋和毅，真鍋宏幸，北村喜文: タッチスクリーン上に重ねた透明シートを利用した位置と速度制御の併用が可能なユーザインタフェース
March, 4, 2019
We enjoyed a farewell party.
March, 4, 2018
Oral examination of bachelor thesis was held.
February 26, 2019
Nation-wide Cooperative Research Project Meeting "Future workspace and its interaction" was held.
February, 23, 2019
DA・TE・APPS！2019 was held at the sendai mediatheque. Mr. Daigo Hayashi, Mr. Shotaro Ichikawa, Ms. Yuki Onishi, Mr. Aoi Suzuki, and Ms. Anri Niwano joined and won Best Application Award of IT department.
February 21, 2019
FY 2018 RIEC Annual Meeting on Cooperative Research Projects was held. Many researchers presented the results of our collaborative research. Prof. Kitamura also gave a talk.
January 31, 2019
Yoichi Ochiai, Associate Prof. and Advisor to President at Tsukuba University and CEO of Pixie Dust Technologies.inc, and Takayuki Hoshi, CRO of Pixie Dust Technologies.inc visited us.
January 16, 2019
Takashi Kitada, Director of FLAME Corporation, came and gave a lecture on 3DCG video and production technology.
- Tohoku University
- Research Institute of Electrical Communication
- Graduate School of Information Sciences
- Department of Electrical, Information and Physics Engineering
- Group of Electrical Engineering, Communication Engineering, Electronic Engineering, and Information Engineering, Tohoku University
Room M555, RIEC Main Building(Professor's office)
Room M557, RIEC Main Building(Assistant Professors and Students' room)
Please replace [AT] with @.