Mr. Sasaki from NHK Science & Technology Research Laboratories visited us and gave us a talk.
Dr. Sabah Boustila, University of Strasbourg, France visited us and gave us a talk．
SIGGRAPH ASIA 2017 was held in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Our work was demonstrated in VR Showcase.
- Clinton Anderson, Jiawei Huang, Kazuki Takashima, and Yoshifumi Kitamura:
Light-Tracing: Ray-casted Movement for Improved Character Control in Platform Virtual Reality Gaming, SIGGRAPH ASIA 2017 VR Showcase
- Three students joined as Student Volunteers and involved in the conference.
- Prof. Yoshifumi Kitamura gave a keynote address at AIVRAR: Workshop on Artificial Intelligence Meets Virtua and Augmented Worlds in conjucntion with ACM SIGGRAPH Asia 2017.
- Prof. Yoshifumi Kitamura is a member of ACM SIGGRAPH Asia Conference Advisory Group.
Dr. Maria Mannone, School of Music University of Minnesota Minneapolis, MN, United States, visited us and gave us a talk．
RIEC International Symposium on Experience Design and Cognitive Science (The Second ACM SIGCHI Asian Symposium) was held.
Prof. Kiyoshi Kiyokawa of Nara Institute of Science and Technology (NAIST) visited us and gave us a talk.
The ACM SIGCHI & SIGGRAPH Symposium on Virtual Reality Software and Technology (VRST) 2017 was held on November 8-10 in Gothenburg, Sweden, and achieved success with approx. 220 participants.
Former Visiting Professor Morten Fjeld (Chalmers University of Technology) served the VRST 2017 Symposium Chair, and Prof. Yoshifumi Kitamura serves Steering Committee Chair of VRST.
ACM International Conference on Interactive Surfaces and Spaces 2017 was held at Brighton, UK. Mr. Yoshiki Kudo presented a demo．
- Workspace using MovemenTable. In Proceedings of the 2017 ACM International Conference on Interactive Surfaces and Spaces (ISS ’17), 401-404.
And Assistant Prof. Kazuki Takashima served demo co-chairs in this conference.
Annual Conference of the Virtual Reality Society of Japan was held at Tokushima University, Mr. Ryo Sugawara presented paper and also made an oral presentation.
菅原 諒, 黄 佳維, 高嶋 和毅, 幸村 琢, 北村 喜文
INTERACT 2017 was held by IFIP TC-13 at Mumbai, India. Mr. Kiyoshi Oka presented paper and also made an oral presentation.
- Exploring In-the-Wild Game-based Gesture Data Collection
Kiyoshi Oka, Weiquan Lu, Kasim Ozacar, Kazuki Takashima, and Yoshifumi Kitamura
And Prof. Yoshifumi Kitamura gave a talk at Symposium on Asian HCI Research.
The meeting about how to apply interactive contents to media education was held.